Our Privacy Notice
At Freckles Childcare Limited (“Freckles”) of Two Ways, South Street, Kington Magna, Dorset, SP8 5ET and company number 09318632 we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our visitors and customers.
We do update this Privacy Notice from time to time so please do review it regularly.
Freckles is the data controller and we are responsible for any personal data we hold about you.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice you should contact email@example.com and we will be happy to help.
Information That We Collect
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you. So, for example, if you get in touch regarding our services, training or becoming a Kaya Nanny, we may collect and process the personal information that you’ve provided. We may also collect information from you when you report a problem with our website or if you complete a survey which we use for research purposes.
This personal information may include your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, date of birth, immigration status, passport details, bank details, along with names and ages of your children and the schools/nurseries that they attend if enquiring as a possible client. We may also record how you came to find out about us. We may also collect technical data from cookies when you use our website.
During training with the Kaya Nannies, we may find out more detailed information regarding our children, our families and our Kaya Nannies. This information is always kept in the strictest confidence and is only used by the trainers on the day to support the Kaya Nannies and by Freckles to ensure we are providing the appropriate support as and when required to ensure that our children are getting the best care.
In general, we do not collect sensitive personal data about you. In the event that we do so and it is not for the purposes of your employment (such as relevant health data where you are a Kaya Nanny) or necessary under social security or social protection law, we will ask for your explicit consent to keep that data.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can be done within the “settings” section of your computer. However, if you decide not to accept cookies, you may not be able to continue using parts of our website.
Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide you with information that you have requested relating to our products or services or relating to other products or services that may be of interest.
- If you have previously worked with us or employed a Kaya Nanny, we may provide you with details of similar or additional services that may be of interest.
- To make our marketing campaigns more targeted and relevant to potential clients.
- To tell you about events we are organising that we think you may be interested in attending.
- To process personal information and/or provide technical data to a third party for the purposes of profiling and understanding who visits our site. This could be analysing data to inform our marketing strategies.
- To analyse and improve the services offered on our website. This means we can provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience we can. This may involve providing your information to third parties for the purposes of understanding how visitors use our site and what improvements can be made to enhance their experience.
- To use your IP addresses to identify relevant information. This may include information such as your approximate location. It also helps us to block disruptive use or establish information like the number of visits to the website from different countries.
We never give your details to third parties to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods or services.
Freckles will only process your personal data when the law allows us to. In general, we process your personal data because the processing is necessary for the performance of an agreement we have with you, either because you are a Kaya Nanny or because you are a client. In some circumstances we may need your consent to process your data, such as for direct marketing. We will ask for your consent separately, and you can withdraw your consent at any time.
Keeping Your Personal Data
We will only keep personal data for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which we collected it. We retain personal data in accordance with our data retention policy, set out below.
We hold personal information relating to:
- working with us, having a Kaya Nanny, being a Kaya Nanny or attending any training
- for at least 3 years
- subscribing to a newsletter
- you can unsubscribe at any time
- making an enquiry regarding hiring a Kaya Nanny, becoming a Kaya Nanny or any other products or services
- for at least 2 years
We are legally required to hold some personal information to fulfil statutory obligations, for example to support certain financial transactions.
We will also hold information about your details so that we can respect your preferences for being contacted by us.
Where we rely on your consent to process your data, the law allows you to withdraw your consent to the usage of that data at any time without needing to specify a reason. You can withdraw your consent by emailing our team on firstname.lastname@example.org. If we need to retain your data and cannot legally comply with your request, we will tell you.
We love to keep you posted with updates, news about what is going on and if you are a possible Kaya Nanny then with amazing job opportunities. However, you can unsubscribe at any time via the newsletters or emailing us directly on email@example.com and we will not contact you again.
We will never contact you to send you marketing information by email or text unless you have given us your prior permission.
Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
We will not rent or sell your personal information to other organisations for use by them in any way, including in their own direct marketing activities.
If we use an external service provider to act on our behalf, we will disclose only the personal information necessary to deliver the service and will have a contract in place that requires the provider to comply with Freckles data protection and information security requirements.
Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our website, it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing.
At Freckles we have taken all steps reasonably necessary to make sure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice. We have done our best to protect your personal data and ensure that it will be held in compliance with data protection regulations.
Unfortunately, the sending of information via the internet is not 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your data that you choose to send us electronically. This means any such transmission is at your own risk.
In cases when we use external websites provided by other organisations such as Facebook, Instagram or YouTube we would ask you to consult their privacy notices.
Third Party Links
Our website may include links to other websites, not owned or managed by Freckles. Whilst we try our best to only link to reputable websites we cannot be held responsible for the privacy of data collected by sites not managed by Freckles, nor can we accept responsibility or liability for those policies. For this reason, you should consult the privacy notice on any external website you link to before you submit any data to those websites.
Under the data protection legislation, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal data. These are listed below. If you wish to exercise any of your rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Access to your personal information
- Objection to processing of your personal information
- Objection to automated decision-making and profiling
- Restriction of processing of your personal information
- Your personal data portability
- Rectification of your personal information
- Erasure of your personal information
- Withdrawal of consent where we are processing your data in reliance on that.
If you make a request relating to any of the rights listed above, we will consider each request in accordance with all applicable data protection laws and regulations. No administration fee will be charged for submitting such a request unless the request is deemed to be unfounded or excessive in nature, or repeat requests are made for the same information.
We will endeavour to respond to any request you make within one calendar month. Where your request is complex or involves large amounts of data, we may at our discretion extend this time by up to two further months. We will inform you of this extension within one calendar month.
If you make a request to access your personal data, upon successful verification of your identity you are entitled to obtain the following information about your own personal information:
- The purposes of the collection, processing, use and storage of your personal data.
- The source(s) of the personal information, if it was not obtained from you.
- The categories of personal data stored about you.
- The recipients or categories of recipients to whom your personal data has been or may be transmitted, along with the location of those recipients.
- The envisaged period of storage for your personal data or the rationale for determining the storage period.
- The use of any automated decision-making and/or profiling.
You can make the above request by emailing email@example.com or by writing to:
Freckles Childcare, Two Ways, South Street, Kington Magna, Dorset, SP8 5ET
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Please contact us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice and our privacy practices or if you wish to file a complaint, please contact our team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you believe your data has been processed in a way that does not comply with the GDPR. You can do so by calling the ICO helpline on 0303 123 1113 or via their website.