Bonfire night is soon approaching so here are some Bonfire Night Muffins for you and your family to share!
1. 100g caster sugar
2. 2 eggs
3. 250g self raising flour
4. Pinch of salt
5. 1/2 tsp nutmeg
6. 1/2 tsp cinnamon
7. 30g ginger, finely grated
8. 120ml milk
9. 150g butter
· Firstly, preheat your oven to180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Mix the butter and caster sugar together until they form a creamy paste.
· Then add the eggs and whisk until the mixture is light; this will keep the texture of your muffins fluffy.
· Gently fold in the flour, the salt and the spices. Add the milk to keep the mixture moist.
· Oil your muffin moulds and pour the mixture in, right to the top. Place in the oven for approximately 20 minutes.
· The tops of the muffins should spring back when lightly touched when they’re done, but put them back in the oven for a few minutes if you think they're not quite ready.
· And to finish, why not sprinkle them with icing sugar and popping candy!
We really hope you enjoy this recipe in the autumn months and especially this bonfire night!