Hi everyone! Blackberries are in season again! So, this week’s recipe is a beautiful Banana Swirl Yoghurt Loaf, which is sure to be amazing.
1. 200g fresh blackberries (or frozen)
2. 250g caster sugar
3. 150ml Greek Style Natural Yogurt (full-fat)
4. 6 tbsp sunflower oil
5. 3 eggs
6. 1 tsp vanilla extract
7. 250g plain flour
8. 2 tsp baking powder
9. Flaked almonds, toasted (to decorate)
· Pre-heat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4 and line a 24cm loaf tin with baking paper.
· Then, purée the blackberries in a processor with 50g of the caster sugar, then set it aside.
· Put the yogurt, oil, eggs, vanilla and remaining sugar into a bowl and whisk it all together.
· Next, sieve the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt into a separate bowl, and gently fold into the yogurt mixture until combined.
· Pour half of the mixture into the tin, and add spoonful’s of your purée. Then, create swirls with a skewer and repeat with the rest of the mixture and purée.
· Finally, bake for 55-60 minutes until your skewer comes out clean.
· The you can top it with the almonds and cool on a wire rack.
We hope you enjoy this autumnal recipe, and really make the most of blackberry season!