Hi everyone! We’re officially counting down to Christmas! So, to get you in the Christmassy mood, let’s bake some Spiced Snowmen Biscuits.
· 225g plain flour
· 1 level tsp ground cinnamon
· 1 level tsp ground ginger
· 150g butter, softened, plus 25g for the icing
· 100g caster sugar
· 2 large egg yolks
· 50g icing sugar, plus extra for rolling
· 500g Ready to Roll White Icing
· Chocolate chips, to decorate
· Jelly beans, to decorate
· Strawberry laces, to decorate
· Smarties, to decorate
1. Firstly, pre-heat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4 and line 2 baking trays with baking paper. In a bowl, sift the flour with the cinnamon, ginger and a pinch of salt.
2. In a second bowl, beat 150g of the butter and the caster sugar together until it becomes creamy. Then, beat in the egg yolks, add the flour mixture and stir until it forms large clumps.
3. Gather the dough together with your hands and knead it lightly – just enough to make a stiff dough.
4. Then, pat it to make it flat, wrap in cling film and chill for 15 minutes.
5. Roll out the dough between 2 sheets of cling film to a thickness of 5mm. Remove the cling film and use a gingerbread man cutter to cut out the snowmen shapes. Put them on the baking trays, leaving a gap between each one.
6. Roll out any leftover dough and cut out more biscuits!
7. Bake the biscuits in the oven for 12 minutes, leave on the trays to cool for 10 minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
8. On a surface dusted with icing sugar, roll out the icing to the thickness of a pound coin and then cut out some snowmen shapes.
9. Beat the rest of the butter with the icing sugar and spread on the biscuits, saving a little for sticking on the sweets. Lay the biscuits, buttercream side down, on top of the icing snowmen, and then turn them over, so that the icing is on top.
10. Finally, decorate with sweets! Stick them in place with the buttercream. You can use chocolate chips for eyes, a jellybean for a nose, strawberry laces for scarves and Smarties for buttons.
We hope you enjoy our Christmassy recipe! There’s a lot more where this came from, so keep an eye out for another yummy Christmas recipe!