I hope you're having a great summer so far and have many more plans for these summer weeks! The unreliable British weather guarantees rain at some point during the summer. So, just incase that does happen, why not try these super yummy sweet potato brownies!
This recipe makes 10 brownies.
– 2 medium to large sweet potatoes (600g)
– 2/3 of a cup of ground almonds (80g)
– 1/2 a cup of buckwheat or brown rice flour (100g)
– 14 medjool dates
– 4 tablespoons of raw cacao
– 3 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
– a pinch of salt
And here is the super simple recipe!
- Make sure you pre-heating the oven to 180C, and then peel the sweet potatoes. Cut them into chunks and place into a steamer for twenty minutes, until they become really soft.
- Once they are perfectly soft and beginning to fall apart remove them and add the mixture to a food processor with the pitted dates – this will form one of the sweetest, creamiest, most yummy mixes ever!
- Put the remaining ingredients into a bowl, before mixing in the sweet potato date combination. Stir well.
- Place into a lined baking dish and cook for about twenty minutes, until you can pierce the brownie cake with a fork bringing it out dry. Remove the tray and allow it to cool for about ten minutes – this is really important because it needs this time to stick together!
- Finally, remove the brownies from the tray, leaving it another few minutes before cutting them into squares.
- Then, dig in and enjoy!
We hope you enjoy this recipe for those rainy days!