Today’s recipe is going to be one of Britain’s favorites…scones! Perfect for that family pick nick, or BBQ you have coming up.
- 225g self-raising flour, plus extra for rolling out
- 1 level tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 55g butter, chilled and cut into small cubes
- 50g caster sugar
- 150ml milk (approx.)
- 2x 113g cartons Asda Clotted Cream
- 340g jar Strawberry Conserve
- Pre-heat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7. Then, sift the flour, baking powder and salt. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Next, stir in the sugar. Save 1 tbsp milk and add the rest to the flour all at once. Mix to make a soft, but not sticky, dough. Lightly flour your hands and bring the dough together, handling it as little as possible.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat to a thickness of 2cm. Lightly flour a 5cm pastry cutter and cut out as many scones as possible. Put them onto two greased baking trays, leaving a gap between each scone. Then, gather the remaining dough together and repeat until it's all used up.
- Brush the tops with milk. Bake for 12-15 minutes until risen and golden. Cool on a wire rack until just warm, or leave to go completely cold.
- And finally, serve with clotted cream and jam.
And there you have it. The perfect summer scone!