Earlier this week I cracked open my ‘Nutella – The 30 Best Recipes’ cookbook and picked a recipe that has truly astounded my taste buds. ‘Financiers with Nutella’ is the name, and tasting absolutely amazing is their game. This simple recipe is sure to satisfy your family, and they're so easy to make it’ll take you no time at all.
Ingredients (Makes 18): -
1. 70g of unsalted butter
2. 50g of plain/all-purpose flour
3. 130g of icing sugar
4. 70g of ground almonds
5. 4 egg whites
6. ½ a tsp. of Nutella (per cake)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200c (400F/Gas 6)
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, icing sugar and ground almonds until combined.
3. Separate egg yolks from the whites (Tip: Use a plate, eggcup and bowl to easily separate the yolks from the whites. Crack the egg onto the plate, hold the eggcup over the yolk, and pour the egg white from the plate into your dry mixture. Place the egg yolk into a separate bowl, and cover with cling film. Perfect for scrambled egg!) and beat them in one at a time until fully mixed.
4. Place a small pan over a low heat. Add the 70g of unsalted butter into the pan and wait until melted. Set aside for 1 minute when the butter has fully melted. After 1 minute, add the melted butter into your mixture and mix well.
5. Get your cupcake tin and place some cupcake cases into the round tins (it doesn’t matter if you don’t have 18 as the recipe specifies).
6. Use a tablespoon to fill the cupcake cases halfway with your mixture (make sure you don’t use all of your mixture!) – Get a teaspoon and dunk it in your Nutella. Spoon half a teaspoon of the Nutella on top of your mixture in the cupcake cases. – When each cupcake case has had Nutella added, spoon the rest of your cake mixture over the top, to cover the Nutella completely.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes. – Take out to cool for 30 minutes and then eat!
I hope you all enjoy this recipe and everyone enjoys their Nutella Financiers!