Peanut butter Ice-cream Sandwiches!
Hi everyone! As the summer draws to a close so do the summer recipes. The autumnal recipes will begin next week! So this is our final summer snack.
· 215g of crunchy peanut butter
· 125g of caster sugar
· 100g of soft brown sugar
· 1 large egg
· 1/2 level tsp. of bicarbonate of soda
· 75g of walnuts, chopped
· 150g of ice cream (whichever flavor you prefer).
1. Firstly, pre-heat the oven to 160C/140C Fan/Gas 2. Then, line two baking trays with baking paper.
3. Mix together the peanut butter, caster sugar, brown sugar, egg and bicarbonate of soda until combined. After fully mixed, stir in the walnuts.
4. Put teaspoons of the mixture onto the baking trays to make 40 biscuits, leaving a moderate space between each. Using the back of a teaspoon, flatten each one to a circle slightly thicker than a £1 coin and then bake for 15 minutes
5. Remove your biscuits from the oven and leave them on the trays for 5 minutes; then transfer onto a wire rack to cool.
6. Sandwich the cookies together with ice cream and eat immediately!
We hope you enjoy our final summer recipe! This recipe is perfect for a summer barbeque, or just as a fun snack.