What is autumn’s most favourite flavor? Pumpkin! So lets make a pumpkin, pine nut and honey cake!
· 225g self-raising flour
· 1 level tsp ground ginger
· 1 level tsp ground cinnamon
· 175g butter, softened
· 100g light soft brown sugar
· 100g clear honey
· 2 large free-range eggs
· 150g pumpkin (or butternut squash) weighed without seeds and skin, grated
· 100g pine nuts
· 50g icing sugar
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4 and then grease a 23cm round cake tin and line the base with baking paper.
2. Next, sift the flour, ginger and cinnamon together.
3. Beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Add the honey and beat again.
4. Beat in the eggs one at a time, and add a spoonful of the flour mixture with each egg.
5. Fold in the rest of the flour, and the grated pumpkin and pine nuts. Then, spoon into the cake tin and level the top.
6. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly pressed and cool on a wire rack.
7. Mix the icing sugar with 1 1/2 tsp water and drizzle on top when fully cooled.
Enjoy this awesomely autumnal recipe in front of a burning fire with a lovely cut of hot-chocolate!