Have you ever been tired of having the same old savory pizza? Probably not... But now you can switch things up with this super nutritious Apple and Almond pizza! The perfect slice of heaven for after dinner.
Ingredients You Will Need (Pizza Base)
• 2 1⁄4 teaspoons Yeast
• 1⁄2 teaspoon Brown Sugar
• 1 1⁄2 cups Warm Water
• 1 teaspoon Salt
• 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
• 3 1⁄3 cups Flour (Half whole wheat and half white)
Ingredients You Will Need (Filling)
• 2 medium – apple
• 1/2 cup – almond butter
• 1/2 cup – maple syrup, pure
• 1 tsp – Almond Extract
• 1 Whole Crust – Whole Wheat Pizza Crust (Directions below)
• 1/8 cup, sliced – almonds
• 1/8 cup – cranberries, dried
Directions (Pizza Base)
• Dissolve yeast and brown sugar in water and let it sit for 10 minutes.
• Stir in the salt, oil and flour. Knead dough on a floured surface until it’s not sticky. Put in a greased bowl and let rise till it becomes double the size (1 hour)
• Punch the dough down, and let it sit on the pizza pan for a few minutes. Then roll it out and let it sit again for 10 minutes
• Roll out onto the pizza pan. Cook at 220 degrees (gas mark 7) for about 10 minutes.
• When you take the pizza base out of the oven, leave it to cool before adding your toppings!
• Chop the apples into chunks.
• Mix 1/4 cup of almond butter, 1/4 cup of maple syrup, and almond extract together, and then spread it over the pizza crust.
• Sprinkle the apple chunks, dried cranberries, and sliced almonds over the almond butter spread.
• Mix the remaining almond butter and 1/3 cup maple syrup together. Add some more maple syrup if it isn't runny enough to drizzle. Once it’s runny, drizzle it over the apples.
• Then your final task…eat it!
We hope you enjoy this yummy and healthy recipe as an after dinner treat!