Hi everyone! It’s Easter weekend! To pass the time, why not dive straight in with the Easter cooking and make these super cute Easter cookies with your little ones!
· 100g butter, softened
· 75g golden caster sugar
· 1 egg yolk
· 200g plain flour, sifted, plus extra for dusting
· 1/2 level tsp mixed spice
· 1-2 tsp milk (if required)
· 1 egg white
· 225g icing sugar, sifted
· Any colour gel food colouring
· Any sprinkles you prefer
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Beat the butter and caster sugar together and then beat in the egg yolk.
2. Add the flour and mixed spices, and mix to form a stiff dough (If the mixture is a little dry, add 1-2 tsp of milk).
3. Roll out half the dough on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of 5mm. Bend a 10cm round metal cutter to an egg shape and then stamp out 17 biscuits. Arrange on a baking sheet. Then, re-roll the dough and repeat.
4. Bake for 10 minutes, until the biscuits are pale golden and then leave them to cool on the baking trays for 5 minutes, then put on a rack to cool completely.
5. Lightly beat the egg white until frothy and gradually beat in the icing sugar until the icing is smooth.
6. Put in bowls and colour each one differently. Ice the biscuits however you would like and decorate. Then, set them aside and leave them to set.
We hope you love this super quick and easy Easter recipe! Keep an eye out for more Easter fun coming to Freckles over the weekend!