Hi everyone! Today’s recipe is from Jamie Oliver and it’s super simple and super yummy…it’s the classic tomato and basil omelette.
· 2 sprigs of fresh basil
· 3 cherry tomatoes
· 2 large free-range eggs
· sea salt
· freshly ground black pepper
· olive oil
1. Pick the leaves off the basil and roughly tear them.
2. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half on a chopping board.
3. Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl.
4. Add a tiny pinch of salt and pepper.
5. Beat well with a fork until fully combined.
6. Place a small non-stick frying pan on a low heat to warm up. Meanwhile…
7. Add ½ tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and turn the heat up to high.
8. Carefully add the tomatoes and fry for 1 minute.
9. Turn the heat down to low and sprinkle over the basil leaves.
10. Carefully pour in the eggs, then tilt the pan to spread them out evenly.
11. Using a fork, swirl the eggs around the pan a little.
12. When the omelette begins to cook and firm up, but still has a little raw egg on top, use a spatula to ease around the edges of the omelette, then fold it over in half – when it starts to turn golden brown underneath, remove the pan from the heat and slide the omelette on to a plate.
And there you have it, a quick and easy lunch or dinner dish! Enjoy!