Hi everyone! Spring has finally sprung so we hope you’re all enjoying the lovely weather! Today’s recipe is another from Ella’s Kitchen to get your little ones into something healthy.
· 2 cups small pasta shapes
· 8 cherry tomatoes
· 1 avocado
· 1 cup broccoli florets
· 1 ball Mozzarella or 12 mini ones
· Small bunch chives, snipped
For the dressing:
· 1 pouch of the Ella’s Kitchen Smoothie Fruits – ‘The Red One’
· 3tablespoons of olive oil
· 1 teaspoon of white wine vinegar
· 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
· /Recipe Ingredients Recipe Method
This easy pasta salad recipe is also great for parties, packing in lunches, taking on a picnic or packing up for a beach outing with your little ones. It’s so colorful and versatile because any veggies you want to substitute will taste delicious with our yummy Ella’s inspired dressing!
1. Cook the pasta according to package instructions
2. Drain it and then run it under cold water to cool it down so that it doesn’t stick together
3. Put it into a bowl and drizzle over a little olive oil
4. Halve the cherry tomatoes and peel and cube the avocado
5. Cook the broccoli for 3 minutes in a pan of boiling water, drain it and run it under cold water to cool
6. Dice the Mozzarella
7. Add everything to the bowl with the pasta and chives.
8. Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing with a fork and pour them over the salad Mix together well
9. Eat immediately. Alternatively, you can add protein like diced up chicken or beef.
We hope you enjoyed this healthy pasta recipe to give your kids that little extra boost of energy!